What better drink is there in the winter than hot chocolate?! Make some hot chocolate together with your children. Explain the steps, and have them help measure the chocolate and stir it into the milk. If you have them, let them count how many marshmallows they want. Then while drinking hot chocolate together, read one these great books about hot chocolate! Even if you are not drinking hot chocolate, you can make this winter popsicle stick mug together.
Make a winter popsicle stick mug!
You will need:
- Jumbo popsicle sticks
- Blue (or other color) paint/paint brushes (or markers)
- Blue (or other color) construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Decorations (white paint, marker, stickers, etc.)
- Lie one popsicle stick down horizontally, glue additional popsicle sticks on top of it, vertically, side by side (See picture for clarification)
- Using the paint brushes, paint (or color with markers) the popsicle sticks blue (or a color your child chooses). Move to the side and let dry
- On the construction paper, draw and cut out a U or C shape, this will be the “handle” for the “mug”
- Once the popsicle sticks have dried, glue the handle towards the edge of the “mug”
- Line the top of the “mug” with cotton balls, and glue them down
- Let your child be creative with how they decorate their mug! Consider using paint, markers, glitter, stickers, anything they want!
This activity has been adapted from Glued To My Crafts.