As the days get shorter and colder, it is time to officially celebrate the winter! This means time to break out the hot chocolate, boots, and mittens! Talk with your child about some of their favorite winter activities. Below you will find some books and an activity to help you and your child celebrate the arrival of Winter.
You will need:
- Empty, plastic water bottle(s)
- Black paint
- Black & orange construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Orange or black Feather (optional)
- Remove the cap from the water bottle and paint it black, set aside for it to dry
- After making sure the water bottle is completely dry, tear off the label and stuff it with cotton balls
- On the black construction paper, cut out two ovals for wings and two shapes for feet. Glue the wings to the side of the water bottle, and the feet underneath
- Cut a triangle from the orange paper, after the cap is completely dry, glue the triangle onto the bottom of the cap so that it hangs over the top of the water bottle
- Glue the googly eyes (or construction paper circles) above the penguin’s mouth, and the feather (or construction paper piece) on the back of the cap, pointing upwards.
This activity has been adapted from Scholastic.