Winter is here! For many areas, this new season means chillier temperatures and lots of layers. Talk with your children about how we stay warm when it gets cold – ask them what their favorite winter clothing is, and what type of winter weather they like best.
Here are some great books to read together about how people and animals keep warm when the cold arrives! After reading, you can all make your very own winter hats (even if you live some place warm)!
You will need:
- Hat template or plain white construction or other paper/pencil
- Crayons, watercolors, markers, colored pencils, and/or stickers
- Cotton balls
- To begin, print out a hat template or using construction paper draw the outline of a hat in pencil (print or draw as many as you would like).
- Everyone can color/paint/sticker their own hats in their own favorite colors and designs.
- After the hats have been colored, cut them out.
- Put glue on the top and bottom of the hat and stick on cotton balls.
- Now you have your very own winter hats. As a cute decoration, you can hang each hat on a string, or attach them all on one string as a garland.
This activity was adapted from Easy Peasy and Fun.