You will need:
- Brown paper bags
- Orange, green, and black or brown paint, crayons, or markers
- Paintbrush if using paint
- Magazines/Newspaper/Tissue Paper
- Green ribbon or string
- Construction paper
- Paint or color the lower portion of the lunch bag orange. Make sure to paint all sides of the bag.
- Paint or color a wide strip of green above the orange painted section.
- Let dry
- Rip and crumple up magazine or newspaper pages or tissue paper. Fill the painted lunch bag with the crumpled paper until the pumpkin is full.
- Tie a piece of green ribbon or string around the lunch bag, pull it tight and tie it. Curl the ends of the ribbon.
- Use a scissors and cut off the top of the lunch bag if it is to long (so it is about the height of a pumpkin stem).
- If your child wants to make a face on the pumpkin, you can cut eyes, nose, and mouth out of construction paper and glue them on the bag or color them with markers, crayons, or paint.
- Your child can make several pumpkins – with happy, sad, and silly faces!
Now your child has made a fun fall decoration to display in the house!