The Parent-Child Home Program works one-on-one with families who, despite facing significant life challenges, are committed to building a brighter future for their children and themselves. They come from many countries and speak over 50 languages and dialects. PCHP parents come from diverse backgrounds, but they all share a common commitment to their children’s educational success and are proud to discover and engage in their role as their children’s first and most important teachers. They are a smart, diverse, brave, caring, and strong group of individuals who we are so proud to work with.
- 100% are facing significant obstacles to school and life success including poverty, low literacy, limited education, language barriers, geographic isolation, and/or homelessness
- Over 80% have annual incomes under $25,000
- 90% are families with multiple children
- 50% are single parent households
- 40% are non-English speaking households
Meet some of the families we work with and read their success stories here.