Fourth of July Fun!
The Fourth of July is a great time for parents and children to spend time together playing and doing art activities. It is also a great opportunity to talk with your children about the 4th of July and why it is such an important day! Here is a patriotic activity and books that will help families make this 4th of July a great parent-child celebration.
Torn Paper Stars
A colorful, fun, and easy way to kick-off the holiday.
You Will Need:
- White Construction Paper
- Red, White, and Blue Tissue Paper (or construction paper)
- Cut the white construction paper into a shape of a star.
- Let your child tear the tissue paper into different shapes.
- Have them take the tissue paper shapes and glue them on the star.
- Allow it to dry and put it on display!
- You and your child can make any number of stars and connect them with string or paper strips to make a holiday banner to hang on the wall.
- Have your child to try to make as many different shapes as possible. Ask them to make a circle, square, or a triangle.
- Ask them to point out the colors to you, and find other things are red or blue.
These are some great books to help your child learn about the importance of the 4th of July and why we celebrate it.