The Parent-Child Home Program is designed to reach families whose children are at risk of educational disadvantage because the family:
- Is low-income; and
- Has had limited access to educational opportunities;
- Faces literacy, cultural, language barriers that make connecting with the educational system a challenge;
- Is a teen parent, single parent, or grandparent raising a grandchild;
- Has multiple young children; and/or
- Has older children who are struggling in school or have qualified for remedial services.