Fall is coming – school has started, the days are getting cooler, animals are getting ready for winter, and soon the leaves will start to change colors. This is a great time to learn with your child about the changing of the seasons – the colors, foods, and weather they will experience in the coming months. Here are some wonderful books to read together to explore what makes fall special.
Fall Tree Alphabet Game
You Will Need:
- A piece of paper
- Leaf stickers (which you can find here or here), colored paper to draw leaves on and cut out, or real leaves that you gather outside
- Glue or tape to attach paper or real leaves
- A marker or pen
- On a blank piece of paper, draw a plain tree with branches.
- On the branches, write all the letters or just a handful for your child to start to recognize.
- Using clues ranging from the easy “find the letter A” to the more complicated “find the letter that makes a ‘ssss’ sound” or “what letter does the word apple start with,” have your child search for the letters on the tree.
- Every time she/he finds a letter, your child can cover it with a leaf.
- At the end, the tree will be covered in leaves for a beautiful fall decoration.
This activity has been adapted from Mom Inspired Life.